The Bragg Family Blog

The Bragg Family Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Please pray for Hailey

With a heavy heart, I post this prayer request.

In September 2008, the youngest daughter of our friends, Mark and Shauna Trainer, was diagnosed with AT/RT, a rare and extremely aggressive type of brain cancer. She was eight months old at the time, and they told her family she wouldn't live to see her first birthday.

It has been two years this month since her diagnosis. She has endured many surgeries, rounds of chemo, and intense radiation therapy, and she has truly beat the odds. However, last month they found a new growth after almost a full year of "clean" MRIs.

She underwent surgery to remove the new tumor two weeks ago. The surgery was unsuccessful, only removing about 50% of the tumor. She seemed to quickly recover, but things have quickly gone downhill. She was readmitted to the hospital today and her families' faith has been shaken.

When we lived in the Indianapolis area, we worshipped with the Trainers and were in small Bible study group with them. We became very close to them, and grew to love them. They moved to the Atlanta, Georgia area when we moved to Evansville. She was pregnant with Hailey and a short time later, we found out that I was pregnant with Lawson. Hailey is four months older than he is.

Her mother does a good job of updating her website letting her followers know how she is doing. Tonight, I ask that you please pray for her and her family. The link to her site is:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/haileyanntrainer. If you wish to follow her, you can sign-up to receive updates. Her mother, Shauna, has a way with words and this site allows her the opportunity to share her feelings, as well as a few family happenings. Each post may cause you to both laugh and cry. Hailey is the youngest of four children, under the age of 7... Kenzie, Dylan, Jason, and Miss Hailey.

Over the past two years, Russ and I, along with thousands of others, have been amazed at the power of prayer as it has been so evident. At sad times, the faith of many was restored. It is a sad time again.

From the bottom of my heart, I ask for your prayers.

I thank you in advance.

Love,
Selena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment... I love hearing from you!